Sunday 4 April 2010

Stockbridge at Easter 2010

Well this really was an weekend of ups and downs!!! We pulled up at Stockbridge on Friday afternoon to a mud bath!!!! Kim bravely tried to drive onto the field, got 15 feet and stopped!! I stopped in the lane, turned my engine off and waited! lol! After about 10 mins of banter with the Aces and Fantastic 4 while I was waiting for Kim's Van and caravan to be towed away, I unhooked my car and with a little (cough cough) help from the previously mentioned teams I drove onto the field. Tim from the Jets kindly followed pulling my caravan with his 4x4. We just started setting up when we got a phone call from Mary who told us to look at the entrance. They were being pulled by 3 4x4s!!!!! Their massive campervan had got totally stuck and it took 3 of them to pull it on! Show offs! lol!
The racing the next day was fantastic!! We went in with the Express (2nd) team and they just gelled instantly. Its very different in competition to training but we were able to go out and pull off fantastic changeovers from the first race. I saw several people wince at mine hee hee!! The team were absolutely flying! We lost the first leg of the first race as the ball rolled out of the box and China did the wall of death around the ring at top whippet speed! We lost that one on interference :os! On the 2nd leg we did a cracking run and won! Yeay!! We were then told that we had run 21.10 our breakout time was 21.00 Arghhhh! Tooo close!! We pulled back a little and won the third leg!! We had won our first race!! Its a bit of a blur after that! On one leg I got a light and sent Fly up as fifth dog as the other team had a light too but Soph (her first time box loading - bless her) didn't realise that she needed to put another ball in! She saw Fly coming back as I shouted to her to put another ball in. Soph span round, grabbed a ball, loaded the box and stood up just as Fly got to the box. She had done it so fast I barely believed that she had done it!!! We also broke out once too but the long and short of it was that we won our division!!! Wow what a first competition!!!
The downside was that the rest of the competition was cancelled due to the horrendous ground conditions :( so we never got to run our top team and multibreed teams. Oh well never mind!!

Some Spectators
The entrance to the show ground


The Showground


Rick and Mary being towed off!

It was a really nice weekend all in all though and although I was very disapointed that the show had to be cancelled (although I totally understand why) I was very pleased with the way we ran and the support we got from the other teams. Its always a bit nerve racking running with a new team but it was really nice and on the whole people are very supportive. I did however get a couple of jokes about which team I had my eye on to run with next! lol!!! Cheeky people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment