Sunday 28 March 2010

Flyball

Just thought I'd do a quick update on flyball as reading back I've realised I haven't really talked about it much. I've joined a new team called the Essex Flyball Team. These are a break away from the Ramsden team and are all old friends of mine (we used to run together before I joined the Mad Mutts two years ago) This is a much more local team and we are only doing local shows which is a big help. We have entered Stockbridge at Easter so have been training very hard for the past couple of weeks to try and be ready, The teams are looking fairly polished and I am pleased with them. Kim (team captain) and I split the training so I concentrate more on box work and she does jump work and behaviour/obedience. It is a combination that works really well as we both have our own strengths and can bounce ideas off each other. What is really nice is the mutual respect of each others abilities and the eagerness of the rest of the team to improve their dogs. We work side by side so encouraging the dogs to focus while their is another dog around. It is working really well! :)
My dogs are doing very well and I'm over the moon with their progress since we have been training regularly

Fly - She is running very well in our second team and has another bitch (Annie) to spark off, I am very pleased as the Devil's claw is working and she has been really sound and reliable - yeay!
Neo - Neo has a new handler (Ayrton) as Tasha his previous handler is with the Mutts. He is running very well for Ayrton and I am really pleased with him. I'm so glad he has a handler that he loves running for!!
Jamie - He is mad as always, he's not coping brilliantly well with the jump height (full height as we have no height dog) but he will get better as the season goes on
Fox- This one is not so good and is still chasing it doesn't seem to matter what I do but the team are fantastic and we are trying new things all the time. I'm sure we'll get there :os
Tia - What a little star! She is slowly getting over her people fears and will go up the jumps take a treat and normally comes back over the jumps. We are just making it a bit fun game at the moment to give her confidence.
Barley - This little one is doing really well. Going up the jumps, saying hello to the box loader and then coming back over the jumps. She is sooooo fast! Got to get her running!!
I will update after Stockbridge - Can't wait!!

2 comments:

  1. Goodness me Sarah, 2 posts in 2 days, are you feeling ok?! Glad your lot are doing well, I'm sure Fox will get it soon especially with all the work you put in to him. Look forward to seeing you at Stockbridge xxx p.s That baby pic of Barley is so cute, I want her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha Cheeky! I had a quiet weekend lol!

    ReplyDelete