Thursday 19 August 2010

Mass Blog

I have totally forgotten to up load my blog! I can't believe especially considering some of the huge things that have happened recentely!! I'm afraid this will be very brief!

Hearing Dogs - This was a fab show. We were up nice and early as always but the site was lovely when we got there. As always with Bandit's shows it was very well run and organised. We had a lot of fun at this show but the weather was really hot and our dogs all flagged badly. On the whole we didn't do too bad and had a lovely time. Below are results and pictures :)





Echoes - 4th - 18.84
Express - 5th - 21.74
Extras - 4th - 23.73
Not too bad really and as you can see we had a whale of a time :)


Just Dogs Live
We only went to this one for the day as Daisy was injured (non flyball related) and Kim couldn't be away for the weekend. Kim persuaded me to bring Fox and try him in the third team warm ups as Daisy (who I usually run) wasn't there and they only had four dogs who wouldn't need the warm ups. Fox had been doing pretty well i training so I decided to stop being a wuss and try him. (I still haven't got over the Barleylands incident and dread a repeat of it!!) He did really well in the warm ups with wings and only ran down the side once or twice when he got really distracted so I was really pleased with him. As we went to walk into the ring for the second race Talisman's back legs went out from underneath him and he fell, hurting his back (the vet thinks he trapped a nerve temporarily) totally putting him out, that made Fox 4th dog GAHHHHHHH! I decided to go for it!! He was by no means perfect but he did really well and got better and better during the day. We worked out that he has to go first as he loves to race the dog in the other lane and we got 2nd!!! I couldn't believe it!! Nothing could have made my day more then that, I was absolutely over the moon. I don't know how we did it though ha ha!!
PROOF!!
I never thought he would do and I am so proud of both of us! Now just those pesky girls!!
Tia is bringing a ball back over two or three jumps now and the big news is that Barley is finally fetching a ball!!! Yeay!!!
On a sad note though Daisy's injury was found to be bone cancer and she subsequently had to have her leg amputated. However at training three weeks later she was milling round while we were setting up and took herself up a lane of full height jumps and brought the ball back over them!! We were all a little gobsmacked to say the least!!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment