Monday 17 May 2010

Wimbledon

Another stupid oclock start this weekend lol. We were up at 4am (eek) only to have to wait 3/4 hour for Ayrton who forgot to get out of bed. I swear I could quite easily have strangled him!! lol! We got to Wimbledon, filled in our race sheets and started to set up. This was the only div that we had free and it took us most of that to put Kim's awning up. I hurried off to help the Fantastic 4 with ring party, then in the next division I went back to the caravan to pick up my dog, then back to the ring to race her, then back to the caravan to put her back, then in the next division, back to the ring to do the line for the Fantastic 4, then back to my caravan to put the awning up and so on and so on! Just when I thought I could finally sit down I remembered that I had to do starters! Wahhhh!!! I had a dog in each div too. Tia went in with the Wimbledon Warblers and did all of the warmups and a couple of legs. She did really well and nearly brought the ball back. She really enjoyed her self and was calm and happy which I was really pleased about as she is a very nervous girlie, she even jumped up someone to give them a kiss! I also noticed an improvement in Fox and I managed to get him going up and down the lane which was great. Normally he is so hyped he just freezes and stares at the other lane whether there is a dog going up it or not! lol idiot!
The Express team (Fly's team) did well. Annie was still in season so we were still on too high a seed time but they ran well, Fly was living up to her name and flying! She was clocked doing 4.47 over 13 inch jumps which is fabulous for a 9 1/2 year old dog!
We finished racing at 9pm and had dinner at 10pm! I sat with the team for about 15 mins had two mouthfuls of magners and then went to bed!! Not really surprising after the day I had! lol!
On the Sunday we only had one div free again! Groan! First in I was box loading for the Extras team who were on a submitted time of 23.00 secs (my fault) and they managed 23.81. Soph handled Kim's large lab Raven like a pro and I was really proud of her - bless.
We then had a div off and I fell asleep doh!
The Echoes team were next. Neo was at the ring side quivering like an idiot (good sign) Jamie and Mitch were barking their heads off and lovely Echo stood and watched the world go by! lol! We managed to persuade Darren from the Lightening Strikes to watch our change overs for us and thanks to him we ended up running 18.51!! I felt really vindicated as it was me that submitted 18.50 as our declared time. We still got thrashed but never mind at least we were in the right division ha ha!!
All in all it was brilliant weekend! I can't wait for Paddock Wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment