Sunday 14 March 2010

Busy weekend and a couple of little surprises

I have had a busy weekend starting to prepare for the new flyball season. I had a bit of a shock last week when I realised it was only three weeks until our first comp. I am now running with a new team who I am having alot of fun with at training and I'm looking forward to Stockbridge at Easter. I decided that I really had to go and sort out my caravan. I missed the last show of last year and so I hadn't done any of the winter prep i.e. emptying the water tank :os. I have been putting off checking it as it is such an old girl and we had such a hard winter. When I got to the storage place we hooked it up but it wouldn't move WAH!! Managed to jog it back and forth until it moved then we realised that the grass had grown over quite a large piece of wood and this was stopping it lol!! There were men there too so it wasn't me being a stupid woman :oD. Got the caravan back home and was very pleased it was all still there! I opened it with great trepidation but it smelt caravanny and not damp. I was very optimistic at this point. I was so pleased that I cleaned the outside of it (I haven't done this since I've had it - 2 years - lol) and then stripped out everything from inside it and gave it a really good clean. I couldn't test the water as the leisure battery was totally flat but I did have good look and feel around the pipes and it all seems fine - touch wood!
I went out to feed the animals and found a little surprise waiting for me in the guinea pig hutch....

Meet Pickle and Pip
These terrible twosome were born on friday night. I am over the moon with them and they are probably already sold! lol!
I put my two rescue chinchillas, Morgan and Teddy, together last week and manged to get some pictures today of them together.

Do you think it's love? :o)

Teddy (the darker one) is 8 years old and Morgan is about 10 years old. Chinchillas can live to be 20 so hopefully these two will have many happy years together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment