Tuesday 16 June 2009

Hotshots Show

Wow what a show for us! Lovely venue, fantastic weather and some brilliant results!!
I went up on Saturday morning as I had to work late on Friday Grrrr. I got there just in time to box load for the Fun 4 Mutts. The Terrierists were in the next division but they had plenty of help so I snuck off to unpack my caravan. I managed to get it done and walk my dogs in that division and then straight in the next to run Fly in the Mad Muttleys!! Phew! We went in and won our first race and smashed our seed time woo hoo!!! We then had a team in starters so I took Fox down but was seriously flagging by this point!! He was an idiot so I decided not to bother, it was too hot and I was too tired and hungry which makes me grumpy! LOL! I had some lunch and then was back in to box load for the Fun 4 Mutts. They really struggled in the heat but did very well and came 2nd. This is the first time they had run with Dante and she ran really well all day (bless her)! Went back in with the Terrierists but Katie, Tasha and I were surplus to requirements and so sat watching the racing and enjoying the sun. Unfortunately this meant watching the Terrierists get thrashed as they were down their fastest dog and were complete cannon fodder, never fun! We then went back in with the Muttleys and ended up with a 2nd! We were very pleased! I took Fly back to the caravan and then came back to watch the starters, I have to say I have absolutely no idea where our team came though! Ooops!
We had some dinner and then decided to sit down with a few drinks. I had a bottle of Vodka and a bottle of Tia Maria and decided it would be a good idea to make some Black Russians! All I'm going to say is I do not remember going to bed!! LOL!!
The next morning I was up early and ridiculously bright eyed and bushy tailed considering the amount of alcohol consumed the night before!!! Walked my dogs and had a cup of tea. Tasha and I then went and watched the racing for a bit before getting Jamie and Neo out for Div 2. We wanted to try a new combination as Nikki wanted to do starts because she is struggling with changeovers onto Jamie (no surprise there - he is a bugger). I ended up getting two lights as Jamie was being a complete **** and kept rearing and twisting out of my reach!! We lost that race! I got annoyed after that, kneeled on the floor and clamped Jay to my side in a vice grip so he couldn't move and then just kind of threw him and shouted go! I got perfect changeovers every time and we ended up getting 17.80 knocking half a second of our seed time! LOL!! this was also because Nikki and Tasha could now wind Taf and Neo up rather then having to stay quiet to keep try and keep Jamie calm. This race was against our friends, the Wimbledon Whizzers, who also went sub 18 but this was for the first time ever for them so there were lots of congratulations in the ring! :) We then went on to win every single race and came 1st as the team that beat us didn't win any more races. we got a rosette, a bag of dog food and a lovely keyring with a picture of the team each.
It was really nice that we did so well as we were racing in memory of Muttley. he was a young dog on our team who sadly lost his life after swallowing a sock. A dog's death doesn't just affect the owner it also affects the rest of the team as you get so attached to each others dogs because you all spend so much time together. We were so pleased that we did it for him

RIP Muttley. Run free at the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment