Tuesday 10 February 2009

Training Barley

I have the spent the last two evenings teaching Barley a 'sit'. She was doing really well until a distraction arrived

Meet Kimba my Bengal x cat. He actually knows the 'sit' command and decided to show Barley how it was done!!!


I gave up pretty quickly this evening as it is difficult with the cat joining in too but Barley did really well and was paying attention to me instead of Kimba. Very impressive for such a young puppy.

I started doing some training with a ball in preparation for flyball (you can't start them to young!!) I was rolling a ball and getting to bring it back to me to play tuggy. It worked like a dream and she got the idea very quickly. She loves the ball and the tuggy so we are playing this game in the evenings
She likes this game but needs to learn to grab the ragger and not my hand!! LOL!!

Below is her trying out her collie side and trying to round up Kimba!


Playing the innocent

Sneaking off round the back

Prentending she's found something to sniff on the floor

Realising that this probably wasn't a good idea!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment